- Any person who is a Citizen or a Permanent Resident of India may become a member Of the Federation regardless
of age, sex, race and religion.
- Any person who is neither a Citizen nor Permanent Resident of India may become a member of the Federation
(a) His dance partner is a member of the Federation, and
(b) He represents India in all DanceSport competitions.
- The decision of the Committee as regards the admission of members shall be final.
- The membership is valid for one year and the renewal should be done every year.
- A membership card, which is issued to the new member, shall have to be produced for inspection when required to
- All persons who wish to participate in competitions organized by the Federation must sign up as competing members with the Federation. All competing members will have to dance in ranking points competition as determined by the Committee. The top couples based on their ranking will be selected to represent India in International competitions.
- The Committee shall grade a member upon his admission. The grade of such member shall be determined by his qualifications, achievements or experiences as an amateur dancer and proof of such to the satisfaction of the Committee. The grade shall only be known as :-
(a) 'Grade A' member - " Five Dances "
(b) 'Grade B' member - " Four dances "
(c) 'Grade C' member - " Three Dances "
(d) 'Grade D' member - " Two Dances "
(e) 'Grade E' member - " One Dance "
(f) 'Social' member.
And in lieu of or in addition to, such requirements as the Committee shall from time to time determine.
1.An entrance fee of Rs.100/- shall be payable together with the application with the application form for membership, in default of which the application would be rejected.
2.A member shall pay subscription to the Association annually in advance, on the 1st of January every year. Subscription rates shall be in accordance with the grade of a member. Such rates shall be as follows: -
(a) 'Grade A' member - Rs. 5,000/-
(b) 'Grade B' member - Rs. 4,000/-
(c) 'Grade C' member - Rs. 3,000/-
(d) 'Grade D' member - Rs. 2,000/-
(e) 'Grade E' member - Rs. 1,000/-
(f) 'Social' member - Rs. 500/-
3. If a member falls into arrears with his subscriptions or other dues, he shall be informed by the Treasurer immediately. If the arrears are not paid by the member within the next 14 days of their becoming due, his membership shall be automatically terminated.
4. A member removed from the list of membership may be re-admitted by the Executive Committee if the subscription due is paid.
Membership Benefits Includes
- Membership and ID card
- Free / economical charges for coaching camps and workshops
- Participation in Annual Dance Festivals
- Discounted entry to Association competitions
- Free entry in Members Directory
- Eligibility to compete in IDSF competitions
- AIDSF Newsletters Online
- Free performance rating
Rules & Regulations for Affiliation.
- The All India Dance Sport Federation (A.I.D.S.F) reserves the right of admission for affiliation.
- The affiliation is valid for ONE YEAR subject to renewal. The renewal will be done every year.
- The renewal of affiliation depends purely on the successful performance of the affiliated club in the previous year.
- The Management of A.I.D.S.F reserves the absolute right to refuse the renewal of any affiliated Center without assigning any reason.
- The Management of A I D S F also reserves the right to fix or revise the affiliation fee/affiliation renewal fee or any other fee without prior intimation to the affiliated Centers.
- AIDSF recognized/Affiliated Instructors? Organizers must deposit the membership fees of minium of 40 new members every year.
- The Instructors of the Affiliated Centers are eligible to go for Adjudicators Test according to their standards.
- The students of Affiliated Center must possess the identity card of A.I.D.S.F.
- Only AIDSF members can participate in any Championship/Seminars of AIDSF, ADSF & IDSF.
- The Management of AIDSF reserves the right to amend the rules & regulations, time to time, whenever necessary
Association \ State Memberships
The membership of the Federation shall be open to the all legally and / or recognized state associations controlling DanceSport at a state level. Only one Affiliated Member Association per state or territory shall be entitled to AIDSF membership. The jurisdiction of Members shall be limited to the political boundaries of the State or Territory that they represent. Each Affiliated Member shall be entitled to have one vote.
1.1 Regular: State Dance Sport associations which meet all of the following criteria, receive preliminary approval of AIDSF's Board of Directors and final approval of the Council:
- must be organized with bylaws acceptable to AIDSF.
- must be open to participation without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex or sexual orientation.
- must represent a minimum membership of 20 dance athletes.
- must hold an annual meeting and/or have another representative mechanism for electing a board of directors.
- must fairly represent the interests of dance athletes in the state.
- must pay dues as established by the Council (The fee would be for the year 2007, which has been set at Rs.5, 000/-
- only one regular member per state shall be permitted.